Under SI 442/2015 the national minimum wage for an experienced adult employee is now €9.15 per hour. An experienced adult employee is defined as an employee who has had employment of any kind in any two years over the age of 18 years. The following lower rates apply when employees do not meet the definition of an experienced adult worker:
- An employee who is under 18 is entitled to €6.41 per hour (70% of minimum wage).
- An employee who is in the first year of employment since the age of 18 is entitled to €7.32 per hour (80% of minimum wage).
- An employee who is in the second year of employment since the date of first employment over the age of 18 is entitled to €8.24 per hour (90% of the minimum wage).
In addition trainee rates may be paid to employees who are undergoing a course of structured training or study during working hours that is authorised by their employer and which meets certain criteria in respect of the training. These hourly rates are:
- €6.86 (1st one third training period)
- €7.32 (2nd one third training period)
- €8.24 (3rd training period)
Please contact email@example.com if you require any further information on minimum wage rates.